Wednesday, March 30, 2011

update!

wow its almost been a whole year since i last posted something... lots has happened but nothin really super significant enough to update you all on except one thing in particular has been super exciting and will ultimately become a huge change and blessing in my life. I have been herby called to serve in the Illinois Chicago Mission!! :) and I will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language! I received my called on Febuary 18th and time has already flown by so fast. I report to the Provo MTC on May 18th :) I can't even begin to express my excitement and how blessed and honored i feel to have the priviledge of being a represenative of the Lord and to be apart of marvelous work. Easter Pageant has started up again :) the most exciting time of the year for me haha. What a wonderful example of a great cause to be anxiously engaged in. It has blessed my life in numerous ways...i could live off just the memories and know that my testimony of this church will never waver. I'm excited for performances to start. I challenge everyone to come and to invite people and invite a non member from. The spirit is so strong there and what a wonderful missionary opportunity to have them see a play about the life of jesus christ....it saves you the time from having to tell them...they can see it all in action haha. These past couple of months have been pretty interesting. It seems as if life has been all over the place. Every emotion has been felt and I never thought I would...but I've been freaking out about the mission. I have felt loads of inadequacy and usual whenever I have felt inadequate I instantly know its just the adversary tryin to get me to second question myself and I dont let it but lately...I've been letting it sink into my brain too much and Im actually starting to believe him. Thank goodness for the power of prayer, the atonement of Christ, and gift of the Holy Ghost. As well as having a loving bishop(ric) to talk to and the scriptures to ease my fears. All of these things support one another and have helped me tremendously!! I have learned so much just within the short time since I've gotten my call up until now. Life is amazing...Life truly is beautiful...and not because everything is going my way....cause believe me...its not but through the midst of it all we learn about ourselves when we go through hard times...and learn to sacrifice and submit to the Lords will. Without opposition...we wouldnt be able to recognize and appreciate all we've been blessed with. Thats all i guess for now... I dont think theres much more to update on. Hope all is well in everyone elses life!! If you feel like life isnt goin your way...remember if youre trying to figure out how to change your life.....get real...haha (not to be harsh) but sometimes theres things we just cant change....switch your focus to how changing your attitude towards life rather than life itself.... it will help...i promise! :)

No comments: